Monday, October 29, 2007

He that finds a wife...

He that finds a wife finds a good thing even dinner and a clean house and a handywoman!
Noah 1:1

I called Tricia at 5pm this evening to tell her that I would be leaving the office and heading home within 10 minutes and her voice responded on the other end (sounding out of breath), "I am inside the hot tub scrubbing it and dinner is in the oven." It does not get any better than this. She left work, got Davis, met his needs, came home, made a casserole, put it in the oven and tackled the hot tub job that has been haunting me for weeks. (They need drained and cleaned every 3-4 months.) I came home to the smell of dinner and a squeaky clean spa on the back patio. What a wife I found...and for many more reasons than dinner and a clean hot tub!

Oh, and she LOVES Christmas and the decorating and traditions that go along with it, so this evening we ran out so she could "show me" this beautiful Christmas tree they had on sale at BJs. Needless to say, we bought a new Christmas tree tonight. It's OK with me though because ours look a bit "Charlie Brown-ish" and she's been asking for a new one since we were married.

He that finds a wife, finds a good thing, even favor with God.
Proverbs 18:22

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pastor you are right there, i was only telling Ike the other day how i admire Tricia's humility.
She is indeed a gift to you and the body of Christ( the church).
cheers!!
Uche.