Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Check out this quote! Then, go figure...

I set aside the entire day today to read and write papers for my next Masters Class, which is on Pastoral Counseling and starts Monday! While reading, I ran into this quote by a man named Vance Havner, a Southern Baptist preacher. He made this statement after losing his wife, which he was not very happy with God about!

"Whoever thinks he has the ways of God conveniently tabulated, analyzed and correlated with convenient, glib answers to ease every question from aching hearts has not been far in this maze of mystery we call life and death. God has no stereotyped way of doing what He does. He delivered Peter from prison, but left John the Baptist in a dungeon to die....I accept whatever He does, however He does it."

Go figure! Figure out why God does what He does and allows what He allows. Go ahead, I dare you!

Lord, teach me to trust you even when I have no idea what you are up to.

No comments: