Sunday, October 28, 2007

Catching Up

Since getting home it has been a bit of a whirlwind, but a good one.

My trip Friday night was pathetic...I made record time from VFCC...almost 4 1/2 hours! But it was well worth the wait to walk in the door and see 2 beauties smiling ear to ear for Daddy! Davis changed a lot this past week. He is much more verbal and mobile. He is now saying "momma" and walking while pushing something. Too cool. It is so good to be home.

Yesterday flew by as we hung out, caught up and cleaned the house for company. Lawrence and Nereida Chiles (our guest speaker today) arrived at 3ish. We spent some time together talking and then we headed to the church where we had a dinner and conversation with the Pastoral Staff and their families. We hosted the Chiles last night and it was great to have them in our service this morning. He brought it!! His message was just fantastic (first standing ovation I can ever remember at CCF)!

After teaching Discovery 101 following the service, I headed home and watched the Skins get destroyed by the Patriots. What painful game to watch! Embarrassing! My friend sent me a text asking me where the offense was? My reply: I guess they are back in Landover.

No comments: