Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Awe man...I can't blend in!

So far this class is going pretty well. The conversations are rich and beneficial. However, I have to be honest...I was a bit disappointed when I arrived yesterday. You may think this is silly, but I was bummed that there were only 3 students in this Grad class. Here's why; I feel like I am always up front, having to talk, engage, etc. When I come these classes, I actually really value the chance to just blend in, to fall into the backdrop, to just listen more, talk less and soak in what I am learning. Well, you can't do that when there are 3 of you or you are deemed antisocial or shy (I like to think I am neither). You have to engage when there are just a few of you. Oh, well. Better luck next time.

I guess I will just make the best of the class sessions by putting all my stuff out there. It's almost like a group therapy session. We all can be really honest in this class because we do not know each others churches. We can talk openly about what we deal with in our particular ministries (and those people that....). God will use it. By the end of the week I will probably have forgotten about my earlier disappointment.

1 comment:

Ben Rainey said...

Yeah right, don't buy it. We can't shut him up. It's CCF this, and CCF that. My people are better than your people. All that stuff.